1¼ oz ANGEL'S ENVY Bourbon Finished in Port Wine Barrels
½ oz Royal Combier Grande Liqueur
½ oz almond and fig infused maple syrup
healthy dash of Napa Valley Bitters: Toasted Oak Bitters
1¾ oz homemade spiced pear cider
- If served chilled: combine all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and shake, then strain over a collins glass filled with ice. Garnish with an orange swath.
- If served hot: combine all ingredients except cider into a toddy glass, then fill with hot cider.
- Almond & Fig Infused Maple Syrup:
- 2 cups of dried fig
- 1 cup of almonds
- 8 cups water
- 2 ½ cups of maple syrup
- Pour fig and almonds and 8 cups of water into a pot and cook on low heat for 30 minutes.. Add maple syrup. Cook on low for 1 minute and stir until blended thoroughly. Remove from heat. Strain with a cheese cloth into another pot and refrigerate. Place into used wine bottles, cleaned with labels torn off.
- Spiced Pear Cider:
- 8 cups of organic pear juice
- 2 1/2 table spoons of turbinado sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks (2 ½ inches each)
- 7 all spice berries
- 5 cloves
- half of a medium sized ginger root cut up
- Combine ingredients into a medium sized pot and cook on medium heat for 8 minutes. Then, let sit for 20 minutes with heat turned off, seeping. Strain into empty wine bottles with a cheesecloth and chill. Retrieve cinnamon sticks to reuse.